[openstack-dev] [all][Election] candidacy for Zaqar PTL Stein cycle

hao wang sxmatch1986 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 06:01:41 UTC 2018

Hi all,

This is my self-nomination to continue running as Zaqar PTL for the Stein cycle.

We did a great job in Rocky. Supported the different format of client id to be
more suitable for more use cases. We also introduced the function to query
queues filtered by name and metadata in mongodb backend.

For Stein release, I want to finish the list of jobs below.

1. Refactoring
   We want to remove useless pool group totally in Stein and make the model of
   pool and flavor more clear.

2. Scalability
   We will continue our work to improve Zaqar's performance under the different
   cases of load increasing:
   1) number of publishers
   2) number of subscribers
   3) rate of messages published or consumed
   4) number of messages
   5) number of queues
   6) size of messages

3. Usability
   We still have some works that inherit from Rocky. Those tasks contain very
   useful features:
   1) Introduce a new resource for queue's metadata
   2) Introduce topic resource for notification
   3) Delete message with claim ID
   4) Send Email subscription by Zaqar

Thanks for your consideration!