[openstack-dev] Lots of slow tests timing out jobs

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 20:15:53 UTC 2018

While going through our uncategorized gate failures [1] I found that we
have a lot of jobs failing (161 in 7 days) due to the tempest run timing
out [2]. I originally thought it was just the networking scenario tests,
but I was able to identify a handful of API tests that are also taking
nearly 3 minutes each, which seems like they should be moved to scenario
tests and/or marked slow so they can be run in a dedicated tempest-slow job.

I'm not sure how to get the history on the longest-running tests on
average to determine where to start drilling down on the worst
offenders, but it seems like an audit is in order.

[1] http://status.openstack.org/elastic-recheck/data/integrated_gate.html
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/tempest/+bug/1783405

Matt