[openstack-dev] [tripleo] prototype with standalone mode and remote edge compute nodes

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Fri Jul 20 11:43:29 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 7:09 AM Emilien Macchi <emilien at redhat.com> wrote:

> Yeah I thought about this one too but I didn't have this challenge since I
> just wanted nova-compute & neutron-ovs-agent running on the edge.

Actually I just faced it:
Error: Failed to perform requested operation on instance "my-vm", the
instance has an error status: Please try again later [Error: Host
'standalone-cpu-edge.localdomain' is not mapped to any cell].

I had to manually add the edge compute on the central node, so yeah we need
to figure that out for the compute as well (unless I missed something in
the nova config).
--
Emilien Macchi