[openstack-dev] [kolla-ansible] how do I unify log data format

Mark Goddard mark at stackhpc.com
Mon Jul 16 11:09:30 UTC 2018

Hi Sergey,

We are using Kolla Ansible with monasca log API, and have added support for
customising the fluentd configuration [1][2]. Doug Szumski (dougsz) made
some changes in Queens to try to standardise the log message format. I
think Kolla Ansible would benefit from some better documentation on what
this format is.

On the monasca log API side there is support for transforming logs using
logstash.

[1]
https://docs.openstack.org/kolla-ansible/latest/reference/central-logging-guide.html#custom-log-forwarding
[2]