[openstack-dev] [kolla-ansible] how do I unify log data format

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Sat Jul 14 16:36:27 UTC 2018

On 07/14/2018 07:29 AM, Sergey Glazyrin wrote:
> Hello guys!
> We are migrating our product to kolla-ansible and as far as probably
> you know, it uses fluentd to control logs, etc. In non containerized
> openstack we use rsyslog to send data to logstash.

Why not use rsyslog in containerized openstack too?
Why not use rsyslog to mutate/unify the records?  Why use logstash? Note
that rsyslog can send records to elasticsearch, and the latest rsyslog
8.36 has enhanced the elasticsearch plugin to do client cert auth as
well as handle bulk index retries more efficiently.