[openstack-dev] [infra] Greasemonkey script to see CI progress on OpenStack's Gerrit

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sun Jul 8 14:00:55 UTC 2018

On 2018-07-08 10:56:02 +0300 (+0300), Michel Peterson wrote:
> I've created a greasemonkey script that will show you the status of
> the current CI run on the OpenStack Gerrit in real time.
[...]

We've had something similar implemented in the hideci.js overlay for
just over three years, since https://review.openstack.org/179361
merged. It's disabled by default but can be toggled with the
zuul_inline bool. Chances are it will need some tweaking to support
Zuul v3's API (I think work on that was waiting for reintroduction
of the per-change status query method, but looks like it's finally
landed). The only real reason we didn't leave it enabled years ago
was that hundreds of developers with dozens of browser tabs open to
different Gerrit changes all slamming the status API caused a really
effective denial of service against Zuul. With the API
rearchitecture in v3 that hopefully won't be an issue, but we have
to go in assuming that it still might.

> Should I propose a patch to include it in review.o.o ?

I recommend trying out the one we have already, fixing it if needed,
and then coordinating a time to merge a change switching that
zuul_inline toggle to true.
--
Jeremy Stanley