[openstack-dev] [tc] Technical Committee Status update, January 26th

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Sat Jan 27 21:30:00 UTC 2018

> Sorry. Did anyone talk about goals for Rocky in Sydney? I remember talking
> about goals in Boston, I think for Queens. That worked out better since we
> had a lot more lead time.
>
> --
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt

I think the problem this time around was that, until relatively recently, we
only had the Storyboard goal proposed. So since it took so long to actually
have some things proposed, we weren't actually in a place where we could have
discussed things in Sydney.

I know it was raised multiple times to propose potential goals throughout this
cycle. But at least for mine, I didn't think of it until we were getting close
to the end. I would assume that is the case for the other recent proposals. Not
sure how we can really improve that.

One nice thing now though is we have a set of goals that definitely will not
all be accepted for Rocky. So we will have an existing set of potential future
goals to let stew. And for the ones that are not accepted for now, we will have
some lead time to start getting a little more foundation laid to make it
possible to complete some of them within one cycle. At least that is my hope.

Sean