[openstack-dev] Swift-backed volume backups are still breaking the gate

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 21:12:41 UTC 2018

We thought things were fixed with [1] but it turns out that swiftclient
logs requests and responses at DEBUG level, so we're still switching
thread context during a backup write and failing the backup operation,
causing copious amounts of pain in the gate and piling up the rechecks.

I've got a workaround here [2] which will hopefully be good enough to
stabilize things for awhile, but there is probably not much point in
rechecking a lot of patches, at least ones that run through the
integrated gate, until that is merged.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/537437/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/538027/

Matt