[openstack-dev] [kuryr][os-vif][nova] os-vif 1.8.0 breaks kuryr-kubernetes

mdulko at redhat.com mdulko at redhat.com
Mon Jan 15 20:43:19 UTC 2018

On Mon, 2018-01-15 at 17:21 +0000, Mooney, Sean K wrote:
> [...]

I prefer Jay's proposed solution of simply doing a revert of the patch,
though this would work as well, at least as short-term remediation.

> > It would also be nice to setup a kuryr-kubernetes gate on the os-vif
> > repo. If there are no objections to that I'd volunteer to submit a
> > commit that adds it.
>
> [Mooney, Sean K] I would be happy to see gate form all consumer of os-vif so go for it.

Will do!

> Related to this https://review.openstack.org/#/c/509107/4 is currently abandoned but I would
> Also like revivew this change in Rocky. Neutron has supported multiple dhcp servers for
> some time, Nova-networks only supported one hench why the dhcp_server field is currently singular.
> Will this effect kuryr-kubernetes?
> Are ye currently working around this issue in some other way?

Looks like kuryr-kubernetes doesn't depend on dhcp_server field, though
I believe we should work out a way of doing such changes that's safe
for everyone. Making guesses on projects depending on certain fields is
dangerous.