[openstack-dev] [keystone] Keystone Team Update - Week of 8 January 2018

Colleen Murphy colleen at gazlene.net
Fri Jan 12 19:51:41 UTC 2018

# Keystone Team Update - Week of 8 January 2018

## News

### PTG

We're still brainstorming for the PTG. If you have any topic
proposals, please add them to the etherpad[1]. We'll need to
coordinate with other teams to schedule discussion time on our major
cross-project topics, especially unified limits and policy changes.

### Scope types ambiguity

In the keystone and policy meetings Lance highlighted a number of APIs
that could have different behaviors depending on whether the requester
uses the new system scope or a project scope, for example in the
projects API[2]. Keystone currently doesn't treat these scopes
differently, but we'll be marking and tracking APIs and policies that
need to have this addressed. It's likely that we'll have to help other
projects deal with such ambiguous APIs in the future as well.

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/keystone-rocky-ptg
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/526159/3/keystone/common/policies/project.py@32

## Recently Merged Changes

Search query: https://goo.gl/hdD9Kw

We merged 16 changes this week. Many of these were organizational
changes to our api-ref from our Outreachy intern, Suramya, who has
been helping us make our api-ref more consistent. We've also merged
some more of Lance's system-scope changes, though those are still
making their way through the gate.

## Changes that need Attention

Search query: https://goo.gl/h9knRA

There are 79 changes that are passing CI, not in merge conflict, have
no negative reviews and aren't proposed by bots. Among these are a
number of fixes for the api-ref and several changes to add the
scope_types option to our policies.

## Milestone Outlook

https://releases.openstack.org/queens/schedule.html

Our feature freeze is in two weeks. Please help review changes for
system-scope, application credentials, and unified limits so we can
meet this deadline.

## Help with this newsletter

Help contribute to this newsletter by editing the etherpad:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/keystone-team-newsletter