[openstack-dev] [release] Release countdown for week R-6, January 13 - 19

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Thu Jan 11 16:52:43 UTC 2018

Development Focus
-----------------

Teams should be focused on implementing planned work. Work should be wrapping
up on non-client libraries to meet the lib deadline Thursday, the 18th.

General Information
-------------------

We are now getting close to the end of the cycle. The non-client library
(typically any lib other than the "python-$PROJECTclient" deliverables)
deadline is 18 January, followed quickly the next Thursday with the final
client library release. Releases for critical fixes will be allowed after this
point, but we will be much more restrictive about what is allowed if there are
more lib release requests after this point. Please keep this in mind.

When requesting these library releases, you should also include the stable
branching request with the review (as an example, see the "branches" section
here:

http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/releases/tree/deliverables/pike/os-brick.yaml#n2)

Upcoming Deadlines & Dates

Final non-client library release deadline: January 18
Final client library release deadline: January 25
Queens-3 Milestone: January 25
Start of Rocky PTL nominations: January 29
Start of Rocky PTL election: February 7
Rocky PTG in Dublin: Week of February 26, 2018

--
Sean McGinnis (smcginnis)