[openstack-dev] [yaql] [tripleo] Backward incompatible change in YAQL minor version

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Wed Feb 21 23:06:17 UTC 2018

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 08:53:09PM +0100, Alfredo Moralejo Alonso wrote:

> Short version is:
>
> 1. We generate a review to rdoinfo (RDO's package database) every time a
> change is detected in upper-constraints.txt proposing it as candidate in
> dependencies repo.
> 2. A job in rdoinfo gate detects if the required version is available in
> fedora. If so, it tries to rebuild it for CentOS and add it to CentOS
> dependencies repo. If the version is not available in fedora or can not be
> rebuilt for CentOS, the review fails in gate and a manual action is
> required.
> 3. If the dependency can be rebuilt from fedora, a change is proposed to
> promote it to the testing phase (the one used in upstream gate jobs for
> master). A set of jobs deploying OpenStack with packstack,
> puppet-openstack-integration and tripleo are executed to gate the
> dependency update. When the review is merged, the new or updated dependency
> is pushed to the RDO repo.

See it was just my lack of imagination.  I guess I was getting hung up
on step 2 but the fall back to manual action is pretty reasonable there.
It'll be interesting to see how often that happens, and also what
happens in the scenario where the RDO package has diverged slightly from
Fedora.

> If you are interested i can discuss the implementation details.

Yeah I'd very much like to grab 10-15 mins of your time next week, if
you're cool with that.

Yours Tony.