[openstack-dev] [yaql] [tripleo] Backward incompatible change in YAQL minor version

Alfredo Moralejo Alonso amoralej at redhat.com
Wed Feb 21 19:53:09 UTC 2018

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 12:24 AM, Tony Breeds <tony at bakeyournoodle.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 06:10:56PM +0100, Alfredo Moralejo Alonso wrote:
>
> > Recently, we have added a job in post pipeline for openstack/requirements
> > in https://review.rdoproject.org to
> > automatically post updates in RDO dependencies repo when changes are
> > detected in upper-constraints. This
> > job will try to automatically update the dependencies when possible or
> > notify to take required manual actions
> > in some cases.
> >
> > I expect this will improve dependencies management in RDO in next
> releases.
>
> That's cool.  Can you point me at how that's done?  I'm not sure how
> you'd automate the builds but that's probably just lack of imagination
> on my part ;P

My fault for not having the documentation ready yet, I will share when
ready.

Short version is:

1. We generate a review to rdoinfo (RDO's package database) every time a
change is detected in upper-constraints.txt proposing it as candidate in
dependencies repo.
2. A job in rdoinfo gate detects if the required version is available in
fedora. If so, it tries to rebuild it for CentOS and add it to CentOS
dependencies repo. If the version is not available in fedora or can not be
rebuilt for CentOS, the review fails in gate and a manual action is
required.
3. If the dependency can be rebuilt from fedora, a change is proposed to
promote it to the testing phase (the one used in upstream gate jobs for
master). A set of jobs deploying OpenStack with packstack,
puppet-openstack-integration and tripleo are executed to gate the
dependency update. When the review is merged, the new or updated dependency
is pushed to the RDO repo.

If you are interested i can discuss the implementation details.

Best regards,

Alfredo