[openstack-dev] [barbican] candidacy for PTL

Ade Lee alee at redhat.com
Mon Feb 5 20:13:31 UTC 2018

Fellow Barbicaneers,

I'd like to nominate myself to serve as Barbican PTL through the
Rocky cycle.

Dave has done a great job at keeping the project growing and I'd
like to continue his good work.

This is an exciting time for Barbican.  With more distributions
and installers incorporating Barbican, and a renewed focus on
meeting security and compliance requirements, deployers will be
relying on Barbican to securely implement some of the use cases
that we've been working on for the past few years (volume encryption,
image signing, swift object encryption etc.).

Moreover, work has been progressing in having castellan adopted as
a base service for OpenStack applications - hopefully increasing
the deployment of secure secret management across the board.

In particular, for the Rocky cycle, I'd like to continue the progress
made in Queens to:

1) Grow the Barbican team of contributors and core reviewers.
2) Help drive further collaboration with other Openstack projects
   with joint blueprints.
3) Help ensure that deployments are successful by keeping up on
   bugs fixes and backports.
4) Help develop new secret store plugins, in particular :
   -- a castallan secret store that will allow us to use vault and
   custodia backends.
   -- SGX?
5) Continue the stability and maturity enhancements.

Thank you in advance for this opportunity to serve.

--Ade Lee (alee)