[openstack-dev] Qinling package description (was: Technical Committee Status update, February 2nd)

Lingxian Kong anlin.kong at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 11:54:46 UTC 2018

Hi, Thomas,

Sorry for the inconvenience this new project brings to you, your ranting is
welcomed.

Currently, you can only refer to http://qinling.readthedocs.io/ for some
limited information about Qinling. I know lacking documentation is always a
problem for open source project, but we are trying our best to provide more
information in the near future, especially given it's an official project
now. You are also welcomed for contribution if you like, which is always
appreciated.

As for your question, only Python programming language is supported for now
in the upstream, but I recommend you do your own runtime implementation if
you are the cloud provider with your own cloud security consideration.
Actually, the runtime part is also pluggable in the codebase.

Again, documentation and more programming language support are
​ ​
definitely
two of the high priorities during Rocky dev cycle.
​ ​
Your feedback is important to us, feel free to pop up in #openstack-qinling
for chatting.

Cheers,
Lingxian Kong (Larry)