[openstack-dev] [qa] Office Hours Report 2018-02-01

Chandan kumar chkumar246 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 10:20:21 UTC 2018

Hello,

Thanks everyone for attending QA office hour. Since It's the starting
of the year so attendance is low. We managed to triaged some bugs
opened/changed in last 14 days.

The IRC report [0] and full log [1] are available through meetbot.

bug 1745871 in Patrole "RBAC tests for group type specs"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/patrole/+bug/1745871
Related Review: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/525589/

1743688 in congress "Tempest unable to detect service availability
properly, causing congress tests to fail"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/devstack/+bug/1743688

bug 1744096 in devstack "CentOS install fails with 'python3: command not found'"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/devstack/+bug/1744096
status: In Progress

bug 1746687 in tempest "tempest plugins should be loaded though configuration"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/tempest/+bug/1746687

Above bug leads to interesting discussion on how to ship tempest
plugins with kolla tempest containers
Below are the remarks:
* Bundle all the plugins in a single containers.
* User service_available config params to enable or disable a plugin
while using it
* In tempest we have blacklist or whitelist test params to play with tests.

bug 1745322 in tempest "stackviz folder does not show up in logs on
zuulv3 native jobs"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/tempest/+bug/1745322
Review: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/539146/

bug 1745307 in tempest "Group related cases would fail if driver has
group spec check"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/tempest/+bug/1745307
Review: https://review.openstack.org/537784

https://bugs.launchpad.net/tempest/+bug/1660612
bug 1660612 in neutron "Tempest full jobs time out on execution"
status: New
Comments: related fix https://review.openstack.org/#/c/536598/ is not
ok. it changes existing tox envs which has an impact on existing jobs
it make it all scenario to run parallel, but tempest full deos not run
 scenario tests.

Links:
[0]. http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/qa_office_hour/2018/qa_office_hour.2018-02-01-09.05.txt
[1]. http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/qa_office_hour/2018/qa_office_hour.2018-02-01-09.05.log.html