[openstack-dev] [all] [nova] [placement] placement below or beside compute after extraction?

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Sat Aug 18 13:10:04 UTC 2018

Excerpts from Chris Dent's message of 2018-08-18 13:25:25 +0100:

> 2. There are other projects actively using placement, not merely
> interested. If you search codesearch.o.o for terms like "resource
> provider" you can find them. But to rattle off those that I'm aware
> of (which I'm certain is an incomplete list):

This is the bit I was trying to ask about, and it sounds like the
answer is clearly "yes, there are other services using placement".
If the answer had been "no, there is no interest" then it would not
make sense to go further.

Now, as you point out, the next step is to find out from the
contributors to placement what they want the ultimate home for the
service to be, and what steps need to be taken to reach that point.

Doug