[openstack-dev] Paste unmaintained

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Tue Aug 7 15:10:32 UTC 2018

On Tue, 7 Aug 2018, Thomas Goirand wrote:

> That's nice to have direct dependency, but this doesn't cover
> everything. If using uwsgi, if you want any kind of logging from the
> wsgi application, you need to use pastescript, which itself runtimes
> depends on paste. So, anything which potentially has an API also depends
> indirectly on Paste.

Can you point to more info on this, as it doesn't correspond with my
experience of using uwsgi?

In my experience uwsgi has built in support for logging without
dependencies: https://uwsgi-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/LogFormat.html

As I said in IRC a while ago: It doesn't really matter how many of
our projects are using Paste or PasteDeploy: If any of them are,
then we have a problem to address. We already know that some of the
big/popular ones use it. That's enough to require us to work on a
solution.