[openstack-dev] [all][python3] approved python3-first goal for stein

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Wed Aug 1 17:02:18 UTC 2018

The goal to run jobs under python3 first has been approved for Stein
[1].

We are going to be using storyboard for tracking work on the goal,
so I have started creating the stories and tasks. Because of the
complexity of the work, I am setting up 1 story for each team, with
1 task for each repository. For repositories that haven't migrated
to storyboard, the tasks will be associated with the openstack/governance
repository. See [2] for the relevant stories.

The first phase of the work for this goal involves a lot of zuul
reconfiguration, so please do not start on it until after we have
completed the Rocky release.

As the goal document describes, the champions for this goal will
propose the patches to move the zuul settings (we have some nice
tools to do this in a consistent way).  I expect we will start with
that around the time of the PTG. Stand by for more details.

Doug

[1] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/stein/python3-first.html
[2] https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/search?tags=goal-python3-first