[openstack-dev] Summit Forum Schedule

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Apr 26 15:21:01 UTC 2018

Matt Riedemann wrote:
> On 4/25/2018 4:07 PM, Jimmy McArthur wrote:
>> Please have a look at the Vancouver Forum schedule:
>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15hkU0FLJ7yqougCiCQgprwTy867CGnmUvAvKaBjlDAo/edit?usp=sharing
>> (also attached as a CSV) The proposed schedule was put together by two
>> members from UC, TC and Foundation.
>>
>> We do our best to avoid moving scheduled items around as it tends to
>> create a domino affect, but we do realize we might have missed
>> something.  The schedule should generally be set, but if you see a
>> major conflict in either content or speaker availability, please email
>> speakersupport at openstack.org.
>
> Two questions:
>
> 1. What does the yellow on the pre-emptible instances cell mean?

It was two sessions submitted after the deadline that the selection
committee decided to keep. Were highlighted yellow so that they could
find them.

> 2. Just from looking at this, it looks like there were far fewer
> submissions for forum topics than actual slots available, so basically
> everything was approved (unless it was an obvious duplicate or not
> appropriate for a forum session), is that right?

Yes, there were less submissions, but they were all actually quite good.
Encouraging teams to go through a round of brainstorming before
submitting yields a lot less duplicates and crazy sessions.

We also had ample space (3 parallel rooms for 4 days, with only one day
of keynotes), more than we used to have. We decided to use the 3rd room
as a room available to schedule follow-up sessions, in case 40 min does
not cut it. More details on that later once the schedule is approved.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)