[openstack-dev] [tc] campaign question: How can we make contributing to OpenStack easier?

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Mon Apr 23 16:28:13 UTC 2018

One of the challenges in the academic sector is the time from lightbulb moment to code commit. Many of the academic resource opportunities are short term (e.g. PhDs, student projects, government funded projects) and there is a latency in current system to onboard, get the appropriate recognition in the community (such as by reviewing other changes) and then get the code committed.  This is a particular problem for the larger projects where the patch is not in one of the project goal areas for that release.

Not sure what the solution is but I would agree that there is a significant opportunity.

Tim