[openstack-dev] about cloud-init

Huang, Haibin haibin.huang at intel.com
Fri Apr 20 08:24:49 UTC 2018

Hi All,

I have a problem about cloud-init.
I want to both transfer files and execute script. So I give below script to user-data when I create instance.
#cloud-config
write_files:
-   encoding: b64
    content: H4sICMxh2VoAA2hoYgCzKE5JK07hAgDCo1pOBwAAAA==
    owner: root:root
    path: /root/hhb.gz
    permissions: '0644'

#!/bin/bash
mkdir -p /home/ubuntu/config

but, I can't get /root/hhb.gz and /home/Ubuntu/config.
If I separate transfer files and execute script. It is ok.
Any idea?

Below is my debug info

ubuntu at onap-hhb7:~$ sudo cloud-init --version

sudo: unable to resolve host onap-hhb7

cloud-init 0.7.5

security-groupsubuntu at onap-hhb7:~$ curl  http://169.254.169.254/2009-04-04/user-data

#cloud-config

write_files:

-   encoding: b64

    content: H4sICMxh2VoAA2hoYgCzKE5JK07hAgDCo1pOBwAAAA==

    owner: root:root

    path: /root/hhb.gz

    permissions: '0644'

#!/bin/bash

mkdir -p /home/ubuntu/config

ubuntu at onap-hhb7:~$ sudo ls /root/ -a

.  ..  .bashrc  .profile  .ssh

ubuntu at onap-hhb7:/var/lib/cloud/instance$ ls

boot-finished     datasource  obj.pkl  sem            user-data.txt.i  vendor-data.txt.i

cloud-config.txt  handlers    scripts  user-data.txt  vendor-data.txt

ubuntu at onap-hhb7:/var/lib/cloud/instance$ sudo cat user-data.txt

sudo: unable to resolve host onap-hhb7

#cloud-config

write_files:

-   encoding: b64

    content: H4sICMxh2VoAA2hoYgCzKE5JK07hAgDCo1pOBwAAAA==

    owner: root:root

    path: /root/hhb.gz

    permissions: '0644'

#!/bin/bash