[openstack-dev] [election][tc] TC Candidacy for gong yongsheng

龚永生 gong.yongsheng at 99cloud.net
Tue Apr 17 09:47:22 UTC 2018

Hi,

I am announcing my candidacy for a member of the Technical Committee.

Now I am CTO of 99cloud Inc., China. After discussing with my Team (My CEO, COO
and R&D department), I made up my mind. This means my company will continue
devoting itself into the OpenStack community, help the OpenStack to meet
customer’s needs and promote OpenStack to a new high.

I was previously a Neutron Core member and am the PTL of Tacker project.
Besides this, I am also making contribution to OpenCord project, which is the
edge platform for telecom central office. OpenCord project is using OpenStack
as the platform to instantiate the VNFs. One more open project I am leading my
company R&D to is akraino edge stack, a Linux Foundation project in formation,
which will create an open source software stack to improve the state of edge
cloud infrastructure for carrier, provider, and IoT networks. I think
OpenStack can play a good role in OpenCord and akraino as the infrastructure
manager.

I agree to Thierry Carrez with the concept of “Constellations” (representation
of groups of OpenStack components that answer a specific use case).
For example, in the case of MANO system, we need to improve Tacker with
OpenStack as NFVI. For DEVOPS, the ZUUL and the whole OpenStack’s CI
infrastructure is great, we can also introduce kubernetes into this
constellation so that we can meet the DEVOPS needs of container-based or
VM-based applications.

I am new to TC governance and have the passion to join TC. I am a technical
guy and hope I can help to glue the OpenStack projects and keep my eye on
their development. As a member of management team, I like to make others
succeed and then enjoy their success. So, I will support OpenStack project
teams to make OpenStack great again.

Thank you for your consideration.
Best Regards,

Gong Yongsheng (gongysh)