[openstack-dev] [all] Changes to direct tagging by projects under governance

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Wed Apr 11 20:47:16 UTC 2018

Hey all,

We've had a semi-official thing until now that when projects are accepted under
governance, they then do all of their tagging and releases via our official
release process by submitting patches to the openstack/releases repo.

>From time to time we would come across projects that either were not aware of
this, or had someone new that would push up new tags. This could cause some
complications, or at least confusion. Normally when a project came under
governance, changes would be made to their gerrit ACLs, but that step was not
always remembered.

This is really kind of a clean up, but I wanted to make sure everyone was aware
of this just in case.

The TC has officially updated the new project documentation [1], and we are now
merging a patch to remove those leftover ACL rights from projects that should
no longer have rights to push tags [2].

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/557737
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/557730/

If there are any questions about this, please let me know, or grab someone in
the #openstack-releases channel.

Thanks!

Sean