[openstack-dev] [nova] [placement] placement update 18-14

Sylvain Bauza sbauza at redhat.com
Mon Apr 9 13:45:00 UTC 2018

On Fri, Apr 6, 2018 at 2:54 PM, Chris Dent <cdent+os at anticdent.org> wrote:

> This is "contract" style update. New stuff will not be added to the
> lists.
>
> # Most Important
>
> There doesn't appear to be anything new with regard to most
> important. That which was important remains important. At the
> scheduler team meeting at the start of the week there was talk of
> working out ways to trim the amount of work in progress by using the
> nova priorities tracking etherpad to help sort things out:
>
>     https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/rocky-nova-priorities-tracking
>
> Update provider tree and nested allocation candidates remain
> critical basic functionality on which much else is based. With most
> of provider tree done, it's really on nested allocation candidates.
>
> # What's Changed
>
> Quite a bit of provider tree related code has merged.
>
> Some negotiation happened with regard to when/if the fixes for
> shared providers is going to happen. I'm not sure how that resolved,
> if someone can follow up with that, that would be most excellent.
>
> Most of the placement-req-filter series merged.
>
> The spec for error codes in the placement API merged (code is in
> progress and ready for review, see below).
>
> # Questions
>
> * Eric and I discussed earlier in the week that it might be a good
>   time to start an #openstack-placement IRC channel, for two main
>   reasons: break things up so as to limit the crosstalk in the often
>   very busy #openstack-nova channel and to lend a bit of momentum
>   for going in that direction. Is this okay with everyone? If not,
>   please say so, otherwise I'll make it happen soon.

Fine by me. It's sometimes difficult to follow all the conversations so
having a separate channel looks good to me, at least for discussing only
about specific Placement questions.
For Nova related points (like how to use nested RPs for example with NUMA),
maybe #openstack-nova is still the main IRC channel for that.

* Shared providers status?