[openstack-dev] [nova] [placement] placement update 18-14

TETSURO NAKAMURA nakamura.tetsuro at lab.ntt.co.jp
Mon Apr 9 02:23:29 UTC 2018

Hi Novaers,

On 2018/04/07 6:41, Eric Fried wrote:
>>> Some negotiation happened with regard to when/if the fixes for
>>> shared providers is going to happen. I'm not sure how that resolved,
>>> if someone can follow up with that, that would be most excellent.
>
> This is the subject of another thread [2] that's still "dangling".  We
> discussed it in the sched meeting this week [3] and concluded [4] that
> we shouldn't do it in Rocky.  BUT tetsuro later pointed out that part of
> the series in question [5] is still needed to satisfy NRP-in-alloc-cands
> (return the whole tree's providers in provider_summaries - even the ones
> that aren't providing resource to the request).  That patch changes
> behavior, so needs a microversion (mostly done already in that patch),
> so needs a spec.  We haven't yet resolved whether this is truly needed,
> so haven't assigned a body to the spec work.

Specs are where we discuss whether proposed functions are truly needed,
so I've uploaded the spec[7] and put my thoughts there :)

[7] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/559466/

The implementation is in [8]. I've also submitted on it several patches
for nested scenario.

[8] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/558045/

> [2]
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-March/128944.html
> [3]
> http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/nova_scheduler/2018/nova_scheduler.2018-04-02-14.00.log.html#l-91
> [4]
> http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/nova_scheduler/2018/nova_scheduler.2018-04-02-14.00.log.html#l-137
> [6]
> http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/nova_scheduler/2018/nova_scheduler.2018-04-02-14.00.log.html#l-104

P.S.
The hottest news in Japan this week is Shohei Otani's home runs @Los
Angeles Angels. He started playing in MLB this year.
You should +2 on this without discussions.

Thanks!

--
Tetsuro Nakamura <nakamura.tetsuro at lab.ntt.co.jp>
NTT Network Service Systems Laboratories