[openstack-dev] Asking for ask.openstack.org

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Apr 6 07:25:56 UTC 2018

Zane Bitter wrote:
> On 05/04/18 00:12, Ian Wienand wrote:
>> On 04/05/2018 10:23 AM, Zane Bitter wrote:
>>> On 04/04/18 17:26, Jimmy McArthur wrote:
>>> Here's the thing: email alerts. They're broken.
>>
>> This is the type of thing we can fix if we know about it ... I will
>> contact you off-list because the last email to what I presume is you
>> went to an address that isn't what you've sent from here, but it was
>> accepted by the remote end.
>
> Yeah, my mails get proxied through a fedora project address. I am
> getting them now though (since the SW update in January 2017 - and even
> before that I did get notifications if somebody @'d me). The issue is
> the content is not filtered by subscribed tags according to the
> preferences I have set, so they're useless for keeping up with my areas
> of interest.
>
> It's not just a mail delivery problem, and I guarantee it's not just me.
> It's a bug somewhere in StackExchange itself.

Yes I can confirm email alerts are broken. I currently receive a weekly
digest about "ceilometer", "vip", "api", "nova", "openstack" tags while
I'm subscribed to "release" and "rootwrap". It's as if I received
someone else's email alerts...

(Software is not StackExchange, it's AskBot).

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)