[openstack-dev] [tripleo] PTG session about All-In-One installer: recap & roadmap

Dan Prince dprince at redhat.com
Tue Apr 3 17:53:05 UTC 2018

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 10:00 AM, Javier Pena <jpena at redhat.com> wrote:

>> Greeting folks,
>>
>> During the last PTG we spent time discussing some ideas around an All-In-One
>> installer, using 100% of the TripleO bits to deploy a single node OpenStack
>> very similar with what we have today with the containerized undercloud and
>> what we also have with other tools like Packstack or Devstack.
>>
>> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-rocky-all-in-one
>>

> I'm really +1 to this. And as a Packstack developer, I'd love to see this as a
> mid-term Packstack replacement. So let's dive into the details.

Curious on this one actually, do you see a need for continued
baremetal support? Today we support both baremetal and containers.
Perhaps "support" is a strong word. We support both in terms of
installation but only containers now have fully supported upgrades.

The interfaces we have today still support baremetal and containers
but there were some suggestions about getting rid of baremetal support
and only having containers. If we were to remove baremetal support
though, Could we keep the Packstack case intact by just using
containers instead?

Dan