[openstack-dev] [tripleo] PTG session about All-In-One installer: recap & roadmap

Telles Nobrega tenobreg at redhat.com
Tue Apr 3 14:12:58 UTC 2018

I'd really love to this going forward, I fit perfectly on the category that
I usually don't test stuff on tripleO because it can get too complex and it
will take a lot of time to deploy, so this seems like a perfect solution
for that.

Thanks for putting this forward.

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 11:00 AM Javier Pena <jpena at redhat.com> wrote:

> > Greeting folks,
> >
> > During the last PTG we spent time discussing some ideas around an
> All-In-One
> > installer, using 100% of the TripleO bits to deploy a single node
> OpenStack
> > very similar with what we have today with the containerized undercloud
> and
> > what we also have with other tools like Packstack or Devstack.
> >
> > https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-rocky-all-in-one
> >

> I'm really +1 to this. And as a Packstack developer, I'd love to see this
> as a
> mid-term Packstack replacement. So let's dive into the details.
>
> > One of the problems that we're trying to solve here is to give a simple
> tool
> > for developers so they can both easily and quickly deploy an OpenStack
> for
> > their needs.
> >
> > "As a developer, I need to deploy OpenStack in a VM on my laptop,
> quickly and
> > without complexity, reproducing the same exact same tooling as TripleO is
> > using."
> > "As a Neutron developer, I need to develop a feature in Neutron and test
> it
> > with TripleO in my local env."
> > "As a TripleO dev, I need to implement a new service and test its
> deployment
> > in my local env."
> > "As a developer, I need to reproduce a bug in TripleO CI that blocks the
> > production chain, quickly and simply."
> >

> "As a packager, I want an easy/low overhead way to test updated packages
> with TripleO bits, so I can make sure they will not break any automation".
>
> > Probably more use cases, but to me that's what came into my mind now.
> >
> > Dan kicked-off a doc patch a month ago:
> > https://review.openstack.org/#/c/547038/
> > And I just went ahead and proposed a blueprint:
> > https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/all-in-one
> > So hopefully we can start prototyping something during Rocky.
> >
> > Before talking about the actual implementation, I would like to gather
> > feedback from people interested by the use-cases. If you recognize
> yourself
> > in these use-cases and you're not using TripleO today to test your things
> > because it's too complex to deploy, we want to hear from you.
> > I want to see feedback (positive or negative) about this idea. We need to
> > gather ideas, use cases, needs, before we go design a prototype in Rocky.
> >

> I would like to offer help with initial testing once there is something in
> the repos, so count me in!
>
> Regards,
> Javier
>
> > Thanks everyone who'll be involved,
> > --
> > Emilien Macchi

TELLES NOBREGA

SOFTWARE ENGINEER

Red Hat Brasil  <https://www.redhat.com/>

Av. Brg. Faria Lima, 3900 - 8º andar - Itaim Bibi, São Paulo

tenobreg at redhat.com
<https://red.ht/sig>
TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. <https://redhat.com/trusted>
 Red Hat é reconhecida entre as melhores empresas para trabalhar no Brasil
pelo Great Place to Work.