[openstack-dev] [all][QA][group-based-policy][zaqar][packaging_deb][fuel][networking-*] Marking <= mitaka EOL

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Sep 25 17:17:26 UTC 2017

On 2017-09-24 12:48:41 -0400 (-0400), Paul Belanger wrote:
[...]
> I just noticed our DIB image git cache is still referencing old
> branches we have EOL'd. This is because we haven't deleted the
> cache in some time.

The fact that the cache needs manual cleaning is a bug, in my
opinion. It would be good to figure out whether it can be pruned at
every update, and whether there's maybe just a feature of DIB's
source repositories functionality we're missing turning on to make
that happen. Otherwise maybe we can prune unreachable refs and
nonexistent remote heads periodically via cron?

> I think we could update the EOL docs to have an infra-root make
> sure we do this, after all branches have been EOL'd in gerrit.
> Unless there is a better way to do this using git over manually
> deleting the cache on our nodepool-builder servers.

Yeah, while it'll do in the short term it strikes me as more of a
workaround than a proper solution.
--
Jeremy Stanley