[openstack-dev] [all] Cinder V1 API Removal

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 21:51:42 UTC 2017

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 4:26 PM, Sean McGinnis <sean.mcginnis at gmx.com> wrote:
> Well, it's now been many releases, and we've had the v1 API disabled by
> default for awhile now. Patch
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/499342/ now removes that API. Queens
> onward, it will not be possible
> to run with V1 anymore.

It looks like DevStack had two approaches to dealing with the Volume
v1 endpoint [0], [1] (did I miss any others?).  What is the
recommended configuration in a no-v1 world for the 'volume' service
endpoint?  Go ahead and set the endpoint without the 'v1' like we have
always wanted to do?

I'm finding I need to dynamically check for volume v1 now in the OSC
functional tests (we can't remove v1 support for a while yet) which
wants the new full version discovery which wants...  it's 'wants' all
the way down. :)

dt

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/485232
[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/453320 (abandoned)