[openstack-dev] [all] Cinder V1 API Removal

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Thu Sep 7 21:26:39 UTC 2017

Just a heads up for anyone consuming Cinder APIs. The v1 API was
deprecated in the Juno release, but
we've kept it around for quite awhile because we knew there were client
implementations out there that
were lagging in getting up to date.

Well, it's now been many releases, and we've had the v1 API disabled by
default for awhile now. Patch
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/499342/ now removes that API. Queens
onward, it will not be possible
to run with V1 anymore.

The v3 API is the currently supported version. All tools and
integrations should now be targeting that API.
This will hopefully be the final API version going forward, with all
updates and changes being implemented
as microversions under the v3.0 version.

Thanks,

Sean