[openstack-dev] [nova] [notification] cleaning up networking related notifications

Balazs Gibizer balazs.gibizer at ericsson.com
Fri Sep 8 10:52:56 UTC 2017

Hi,

The addFixedIp REST API was deprecated in Pike [1] (in microversion
2.44). As a result the legacy create_ip.start and create_ip.end
notifications will not be emitted after microversion 2.44. We had a
TODO[2] to transform this notification to the versioned format but now
that seems a bit pointless. Also I've just found out that the existing
POST os-interface REST API call does not emit any notification.

I think it would make sense not to transform the legacy notification in
a deprecated code path but instead emit a new instance.interface_attach
and instance.interface_detach notifications from the POST os-interface
REST API code path, preferably from compute.manager.attach_interface().
Do you agree?

We also have TODOs about transforming floating_ip related
notifications[2], e.g. network.floating_ip.allocate emitted from [3].
As far as I understand these notifications are only emitted from an
already deprecated code path. Is it OK to remove them from our TODO
list?

Cheers,
gibi

[1]https://review.openstack.org/#/c/457181/