[openstack-dev] [neutron][puppet] mod_wsgi support (pike bug?)

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Tue Sep 5 14:01:07 UTC 2017

On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 8:07 AM, Kevin Benton <kevin at benton.pub> wrote:
> #2 would be preferable as well just because we have so many guides/distros
> mentioning the different file locations. I'm not familiar with mod_wsgi
> enough to know if it's possible.
>
> Another 3rd option may be to edit the oslo config constructor call when
> using that entry point to add some well-known paths for additional config
> files rather than only parsing 'sys.argv[1]'. For example, we could always
> try to add /etc/neutron/plugin.ini to the list which we can document that
> distros/deployment tools should always create or have a symbolic link to a
> plugin-specific config (e.g. ml2_conf.ini).

For the record, oslo.config already reads /etc/neutron/neutron.conf
(and some other locations) when no arguments are passed:

https://github.com/openstack/oslo.config/blob/master/oslo_config/cfg.py#L711-L739

Also for the record, I consider not being able to load existing split
configuration files a regression. We won't be able to move to the new
operation mode unless we figure out how to load them. If mod_wsgi is
not willing to bend their argv, a envvar could be a good option.

Ihar