[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Pike final release - blockers & priorities

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Mon Sep 4 05:23:15 UTC 2017

On Sun, Sep 3, 2017 at 7:40 PM, Emilien Macchi <emilien at redhat.com> wrote:
> Here are the priorities and blockers so we can release final Pike.
> If you have any question, or think I missed something, or have any
> comment, please reply to this thread.
> Also, your help is critical for TripleO team to release the final
> version of Pike.
> I would like to set a target on Friday 8th (before the PTG) but the
> hard limit is actually in ~10 days, so we will see how it goes by
> Thursday 7th and take the decision there.
>
> ## Upgrades from Ocata to Pike
>
> I'm using this patch to test upgrades: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/461000/
> At the time I'm writing this,
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1714412 is still open and
> remains the major blocker for upgrades.
> Folks familiar with upgrades process should help Mathieu Bultel to
> finish the upgrade documentation as soon as possible:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/496223/

A last update before I'm afk:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/493391/ merged and
gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-containers-multinode-upgrades-nv passed.
Which means we have the upgrade workflow in place again.

Martin, I've been tested https://review.openstack.org/#/c/500364/ with
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/461000/ and it fails on all scenarios
because it tries to deploy containers when deploying Ocata.
See http://logs.openstack.org/00/461000/54/check/gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-scenario002-multinode-oooq-container-upgrades-nv/f3a1eac/logs/undercloud/home/jenkins/overcloud_deploy.log.txt.gz#_2017-09-04_02_46_41

I'm going a recheck on https://review.openstack.org/#/c/500145 to see
how things are on stable/pike.

So this is where we are:

- containers-multinode-upgrades-nv pass with pingtest but timeouts
very often (the job is very long indeed)
- I'm trying to enable tempest on this job, just to see how it works:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/500440/
- container scenarios upgrade failed with
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/461000/ but not sure without
- not sure about how it works on stable/pike

Note: oice upgrade job pass on stable/pike, we'll want to make them
voting like we did for Ocata.

I'll let Steve Baker post an update after our chat on IRC today.

--
Emilien Macchi