[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Pike final release - blockers & priorities

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Mon Sep 4 02:40:47 UTC 2017

Here are the priorities and blockers so we can release final Pike.
If you have any question, or think I missed something, or have any
comment, please reply to this thread.
Also, your help is critical for TripleO team to release the final
version of Pike.
I would like to set a target on Friday 8th (before the PTG) but the
hard limit is actually in ~10 days, so we will see how it goes by
Thursday 7th and take the decision there.

## Upgrades from Ocata to Pike

I'm using this patch to test upgrades: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/461000/
At the time I'm writing this,
https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1714412 is still open and
remains the major blocker for upgrades.
Folks familiar with upgrades process should help Mathieu Bultel to
finish the upgrade documentation as soon as possible:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/496223/

## Last standing blueprint:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/websocket-logging
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/469608/ is the last patch but right
now has negative review and doesn't pass CI.
Hopefully we can make some progress this week.

We'll probably have more backports to do after final pike, but that's
fine, please use launchpad bugs when you do backports though.
We're almost there! Thanks all for the help,
--
Emilien Macchi