[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Broken master promotion

Gabriele Cerami gcerami at redhat.com
Tue Oct 31 23:01:43 UTC 2017

Hi,

for a little more than an hour, 21:35 - 22:40 UTC we had a new hash
promoted as master, but it was broken, wasn't fully tested and was
missing containers images.
We reverted it to the last known good hash from September again and we
managed to stop it from being propagated down the production chain.

If one of your review was running a gate in master during that time, it
probably picked the broken hash, and should be rerun.

We isolated the problem, and we have another promotion run in about 1
hour.
If that passes, (and at this point is likely to happen) it should be
legit.

Thanks.