[openstack-dev] [puppet][qa][ubuntu][neutron] Xenial Neutron Timeouts

Mohammed Naser mnaser at vexxhost.com
Mon Oct 30 21:25:55 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some help regarding an issue that we're having with
the Puppet OpenStack modules, we've had very inconsistent failures in
the Xenial with the following error:

    http://logs.openstack.org/47/514347/1/check/puppet-openstack-integration-4-scenario001-tempest-ubuntu-xenial/ed5a657/
    http://logs.openstack.org/47/514347/1/check/puppet-openstack-integration-4-scenario001-tempest-ubuntu-xenial/ed5a657/logs/testr_results.html.gz
    Details: {u'message': u'Unable to associate floating IP
172.24.5.17 to fixed IP 10.100.0.8 for instance
d265626a-77c1-4d2f-8260-46abe548293e. Error: Request to
https://127.0.0.1:9696/v2.0/floatingips/2e3fa334-d6ac-443c-b5ba-eeb521d6324c
timed out', u'code': 400}

At this point, we're at a bit of a loss.  I've tried my best in order
to find the root cause however we have not been able to do this.  It
was persistent enough that we elected to go non-voting for our Xenial
gates, however, with no fix ahead of us, I feel like this is a waste
of resources and we need to either fix this or drop CI for Ubuntu.  We
don't deploy on Ubuntu and most of the developers working on the
project don't either at this point, so we need a bit of resources.

If you're a user of Puppet on Xenial, we need your help!  Without any
resources going to fix this, we'd unfortunately have to drop support
for Ubuntu because of the lack of resources to maintain it (or
assistance).  We (Puppet OpenStack team) would be more than happy to
work together to fix this so pop-in at #puppet-openstack or reply to
this email and let's get this issue fixed.

Thanks,
Mohammed