[openstack-dev] [all] [elections] Technical Committee Election Results

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Oct 25 21:48:06 UTC 2017

On 2017-10-25 12:18:59 -0400 (-0400), Zane Bitter wrote:
[...]
> Can we maybe calculate the electorate size using the old method as well so
> that we can quantify how much of the dropoff (in theory it could be more
> than 100%) was due to the change in effective eligibility criteria vs.
> organic change in the number of contributors?
[...]

I did a baseline comparison of the old and new methods as they were
developed, and as of a few days before the most recent PTL elections
the percentage of "old" TC electorate who lacked discoverable
foundation member profiles (either because of no matching E-mail
addresses or lapsed membership due to a failure to vote in board
elections) was right at 10%. It's likely to have diverged a little since
that time (my guess is that it won't have moved much), but the
election officials _should_ be able to produce this number trivially
since the structured data output by the validation script includes
all contributors and merely flags the "member" contributors eligible
to vote by including their discovered OpenStack Foundation
Individual Member Id numbers.
--
Jeremy Stanley