[openstack-dev] [keystone][all][tc] v2.0 API removal

Yaguang Tang heut2008 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 16:39:41 UTC 2017

I am not saying keystone team don't follow the policy. Just want to express
my concern for this big action. it's a cross project thing, so want to have
a widely agreement. from the user's aspect, I want to ask the keystone team
to keep the V2 API for a long time if we don't have
to spend to much effort to maintain it.

On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 8:46 PM, Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:

> On 2017-10-20 10:52:36 +0800 (+0800), Yaguang Tang wrote:
> > Keystone is one project that all other OpenStack projects use, so
> > personally I think the change to remove the API which are widely
> > used should be discussed at TC meeting .
> [...]
>
> The OpenStack Technical Committee ceased holding regular weekly
> meetings around 6 months ago:
>
> https://governance.openstack.org/tc/resolutions/20170425-
> drop-tc-weekly-meetings.html
>
> Also, the TC is not generally in the business of making decisions on
> behalf of projects and instead provides opt-in policy in the form of
> "tags" which projects can choose to apply to their teams or
> deliverables, such as:
>
> https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/tags/assert_
> follows-standard-deprecation.html
>
> As you can see, the Keystone team asserts the keystone API service
> follows the deprecation model indicated there. Are you suggesting
> that policy was not followed, or that it's merely insufficient?
> --
> Jeremy Stanley

Tang Yaguang