[openstack-dev] [keystone][all][tc] v2.0 API removal

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Oct 20 12:46:27 UTC 2017

On 2017-10-20 10:52:36 +0800 (+0800), Yaguang Tang wrote:
> Keystone is one project that all other OpenStack projects use, so
> personally I think the change to remove the API which are widely
> used should be discussed at TC meeting .
[...]

The OpenStack Technical Committee ceased holding regular weekly
meetings around 6 months ago:

https://governance.openstack.org/tc/resolutions/20170425-drop-tc-weekly-meetings.html

Also, the TC is not generally in the business of making decisions on
behalf of projects and instead provides opt-in policy in the form of
"tags" which projects can choose to apply to their teams or
deliverables, such as:

https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/tags/assert_follows-standard-deprecation.html

As you can see, the Keystone team asserts the keystone API service
follows the deprecation model indicated there. Are you suggesting
that policy was not followed, or that it's merely insufficient?
--
Jeremy Stanley