[openstack-dev] [ironic] Kernel parameters needed to boot from iscsi

Yolanda Robla Mota yroblamo at redhat.com
Tue Oct 17 10:26:58 UTC 2017

Hi Julia
Yes, you are right on your assumptions here. The missing feature here, is
the ability of Ironic to provide a mechanism to append standard kernel
arguments, when not netbooting. Having a way to append default parameters
to bootloader would be very useful and avoid the need of manual hacks, and
shouldn't be difficult to implement because Ironic is already interacting
with the bootloader.
How could we progress on that? Is some spec needed to provide this feature?