[openstack-dev] [tc][election] Question for the candidates

Graham Hayes gr at ham.ie
Fri Oct 13 12:03:52 UTC 2017

For me "Write down OpenStack principles" [1] signaled the start of an
more open TC. It was writing down principles that I had been told about
verbally when I started working on OpenStack, and had been part of a
"shared understanding" for some people who had been in the community for
a while.

This change solidified them, and put them somewhere we could reference
and highlight new community members.

The follow up patchsets of [2],[3],[4],[5] started to let the community
principles evolve based on things like the Leadership training.

[6] made me happy, as it had been such a long time in the making, and it
represented a community decision, not a TC top down one.

Great question!

- Graham

1 -
https://github.com/openstack/governance/commit/f019d697c6b26a00f4693331b00db9124d91f92e