[openstack-dev] [tc][election] Question for the candidates

ChangBo Guo glongwave at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 12:12:52 UTC 2017

Several changes seems very well in the past months,  for me  the "top 5
help wanted list" [1] is really helpful.

It's introduced in [2] and with some follow ups.  This document lists areas
where the OpenStack Technical Committee seeks contributions to
significantly help OpenStack as a whole. In last several cycles some key
contributors changed their work,
not focus on OpenStack, in the other side, some new contributors couldn't
find 'the right way' to contribute, posting trivial repeated patches, The
document provides a guidance on how to make useful, strategic contributions
to OpenStack. It's important for new contributors,even key contributors.

[1] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/top-5-help-wanted.html
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/466684/

> I like a representative democracy.  It mostly means I get a say in which
> other people I have to trust to think deeply about issues which effect me
> and make decisions which I agree (more or less) are of benefit to the
> social groups in which I participate.  When I vote IRL I like to consider
> voting records.  Actions speak louder blah blah.
>
> To candidates:
>
> Would you please self select a change (or changes) from
> https://github.com/openstack/governance/ in the past ~12 mo or so where
> they thought the outcome or the discussion/process was particular good and
> explain why you think so?
>
> It'd be super helpful to me, thanks!
>
> -Clay

ChangBo Guo(gcb)