[openstack-dev] [tc] Technical Committee Status update, October 13th

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Oct 13 11:18:55 UTC 2017

Hi!

This is the weekly summary of Technical Committee initiatives. You can
find the full list of all open topics (updated twice a week) at:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Technical_Committee_Tracker

If you are working on something (or plan to work on something) that is
not on the tracker, feel free to add to it !

== TC Election in progress ==

We are renewing 6 of the 13 TC seats. The nominations period is now
ended, you can find the full list of candidates at:

https://governance.openstack.org/election/

The vote will start early Sunday and be open until EOD Friday. You're
encouraged to send your questions to the candidates before voting opens,
so that you can learn more about the candidates and their vision for
OpenStack. After that, don't forget to vote next week!

== Recently-approved changes ==

* New project team: Masakari (Instances High Availability Service) [1]
* Add Designate to the top 5 help wanted. [2]
* Adjustments to Infra contributors top-5 entry [3]
* Add the supports-accessible-upgrade tag to Nova and Cinder [4]
* Remove assert:supports-zero-impact-upgrade tag [5]
* Align CTI to PTI [6]
* Goal updates: zun
* New repos: ansible-hardening, python-tempestconf,
manila-tempest-plugin, magnum-tempest-plugin

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/500118/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/504217
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/507637/
[4] https://review.openstack.org/509170
[5] https://review.openstack.org/506241
[6] https://review.openstack.org/508692

Beyond the adoption of a new project team (Masakari), the most visible
changes in this busy week or on the Top-5 "help wanted" list (addition
of Designate, reordering and adding details to the "Infra sysadmins"
entry). You can find list here:

https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/top-5-help-wanted.html
(refresh pending post-job in progress)

== Final call on votes ==

We need to make a final call on the Glare project team application for
the Queens cycle. If by the end of day (AOE) on Monday there is no
majority support for it, the application will be denied. So please jump
on that review if you haven't yet:

https://review.openstack.org/479285

== Under review ==

Doug proposed a last item for our top-5 "help wanted" list: "champions
and stewards". Please review it at:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/510656/

A new "OpenStck-Helm" packaging project team (producing Helm charts),
filed for official recognition as an OpenStack team. Please review their
application at:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/511320/

Monty posted a series of modifications to the PTI (project testing
interface). Please review at:

* https://review.openstack.org/#/c/508693/
* https://review.openstack.org/#/c/508694/
* https://review.openstack.org/#/c/509868/

== TC member actions for the coming week(s) ==

Monty should answer the feedback on the supported database version
resolution (https://review.openstack.org/493932) so that we can make
progress there.

John should review Lance's response to his objection on:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/500985/

== Office hours ==

To be more inclusive of all timezones and more mindful of people for
which English is not the primary language, the Technical Committee
dropped its dependency on weekly meetings. So that you can still get
hold of TC members on IRC, we instituted a series of office hours on
#openstack-tc:

* 09:00 UTC on Tuesdays
* 01:00 UTC on Wednesdays
* 15:00 UTC on Thursdays

For the coming week, I expect the main topic of discussion to be the
ongoing elections, as well as iterations on the exact wording for the
"champions and stewards" top-5 item.

Cheers,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)