[openstack-dev] [masakari] Propose changes of the core team

Sam P sam47priya at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 09:39:18 UTC 2017

Hi All Masakari Cores,

 I would like to propose following changes to Masakari core team.

Current core team:
Masahito Muroi
Rikimaru Honjo
Sampath Priyankara (samP)
Takashi Kajinami
Toshikazu Ichikawa
Tushar Patil
Yukinori Sagara

(A) Proposed to remove from Core team:
(1) Toshikazu Ichikawa
 He was one of the initial members of the project and did a great work
on design the initial Masakari API and Masakari architecture.
However, he is no longer a active member of the community.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Toshikazu for his work
on Masakari.

(B) Confirm your availability as Core member:
 Following members, please confirm your ability to contribute to
Masakari in Queens and future cycles.
(1) Takashi Kajinami
(2) Masahito Muroi
I understand that you are extremely busy with other tasks or other projects
in OpenStack. If it is difficult for you to contribute to Masakari,
I suggest that you step down from core team for now. In future, if you are
wish to participate again, then we can discuss about reinstate you as a core
member of the team.

(C) Add to new members to core team:
(1) Adam Spiers (Suse)
  I would like to add  Adam to core team. He is the current maintainer
of the openstack-resource-agents and leader of the OpenStack HA team.
Considering his technical knowledge of the subject, and past work he
has done in Masakari and related work[1][2],
I think Adam is one of the best persons we can have in our team.

(2) Kengo Takahara (NTT-TX)
 Kengo has been an active contributor to the Masakari project from Newton
 and heavily contribute to crate masakari-monitors and python-masakariclient
 from scratch [3].

All Masakari core members, please respond with your comments and objections.
Please cast your vote on (A) and (C).

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/openstack-resource-agents-specs
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/newton-instance-ha
[3] http://stackalytics.com/?project_type=all&release=all&metric=commits&user_id=takahara.kengo.z03@as.ntts.co.jp