[openstack-dev] [tc][election] Question for the candidates

Paul Belanger pabelanger at redhat.com
Fri Oct 13 03:13:11 UTC 2017

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:42:46PM -0700, Clay Gerrard wrote:
> I like a representative democracy.  It mostly means I get a say in which
> other people I have to trust to think deeply about issues which effect me
> and make decisions which I agree (more or less) are of benefit to the
> social groups in which I participate.  When I vote IRL I like to consider
> voting records.  Actions speak louder blah blah.
>
> To candidates:
>
> Would you please self select a change (or changes) from
> https://github.com/openstack/governance/ in the past ~12 mo or so where
> they thought the outcome or the discussion/process was particular good and
> explain why you think so?
>
> It'd be super helpful to me, thanks!
>
> -Clay

2017-05-30 Guidelines for Managing Releases of Binary Artifacts [1].

It would have to be 469265[2] that Doug Hellmann proposed after the OpenStack
Summit in Boston. There has been a lot of passionate people in the community
that have been asking for containers, specifically docker in this case.

Regardless of what side you are in the debate of container vs VM, together as a
community we had discussions on what the guideline would look like.
Individually, each project had a specific notion of what publishing containers
would look like, but the TC help navigate some of the technical issues around
binary vs source releasing, versioning and branding (to name a few).

While there is still work to be done on getting the publishing pipeline
finalized, I like to think the interested parties in binary artifacts are happy
we now have governance in place.

[1] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/governance/tree/resolutions/20170530-binary-artifacts.rst
[2] https://review.openstack.org/469265/