[openstack-dev] [tc][election] Question for the candidates

Mohammed Naser mnaser at vexxhost.com
Fri Oct 13 01:10:24 UTC 2017

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 2:38 PM, Ed Leafe <ed at leafe.com> wrote:
> In the past year or so, has there been anything that made you think “I wish the TC would do something about that!” ? If so, what was it, and what would you have wanted the TC to do about it?

This is great and the timing of this question is more important than ever.

I think that the OpenStack infrastructure team is doing a wonderful
job at keeping such a huge CI system working to the best of their
effort, however, I think that there needs to be a stronger
relationship between projects and the infrastructure team in order for
us to help alleviate some of the load that is on them. There are a lot
of moving components from dealing with multiple cloud infrastructure
donors, operating two flavours of clouds internally, maintaining the
codebase of Zuul and other system administration related tasks.

I do think that just like how projects have a release liaison, bug
czar, there should be a notion of a infrastructure team liaison.
Often, there are a lot of things going on in the infrastructure side
of things, jobs might be breaking (for infra related and unrelated
reasons), and keeping up with what's going on on the infrastructure
team to report to the project team.

This would help the infrastructure team tremendously by allowing a
much easier communication channel, as well as assist the team in
avoiding being behind on infrastructure updates and suddenly finding
themselves in the red for a while.