[openstack-dev] Regarding Horizon panel of Gnoochi/Adoh Services

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Thu Oct 12 12:46:42 UTC 2017

On 12/10/17 07:05 AM, Akihiro Motoki wrote:
> Horizon supports plugin mechanism and the horizon team encourage
> individual project teams
> to develop their GUI support under the governance of their project teams.
> There are many examples of horizon plugins [1]

interesting, didn't know there was a plugin system.

> So, the future of "Horizon panel of Gnoochi/Adoh Services" completely
> relies on the telemetry team.
> Gnocchi is now a separate project from OpenStack, but the situation is
> totally same.

i was under impression Aodh CRUD actions were supported in horizon based
on conversations i had with developer a few cycles back. i guess not.

Sudheer, the other gnocchi devs can correct me if i'm wrong, but
supporting gnocchi in horizon is not on our roadmap. we will go to
grafana route since it's a common monitoring/metric interface. you are
welcome to try to incorporate grafana into horizon's plugin system if
it's possible (and you really need horizon+gnocchi)

cheers,

--
gord