[openstack-dev] Regarding Horizon panel of Gnoochi/Adoh Services

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 11:05:57 UTC 2017

> Hello All,
>
> I have some queries regarding horizon support for gnoochi/adoh services, As
> you may all already aware that Resource Usage panel which displays
> ceilometer service is no longer available from ocata cycle. So i would like
> to know if there is any plan/blue print to create a new panel/plugin in
> order to display gnoochi/adoh in horizon.
>
> Although i came across this blue print
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/horizon/+spec/horizon-gnocchi-graphs which
> basically targets of creation of new panels, But it got completed without
> proper information

The definition of the blueprint is "Obsolete" and you can see the
reason in the whiteboard.
"This content should be developed in a Horizon plugin rather
integrated into Horizon".
This describes all the reason.

Horizon supports plugin mechanism and the horizon team encourage
individual project teams
to develop their GUI support under the governance of their project teams.
There are many examples of horizon plugins [1]

So, the future of "Horizon panel of Gnoochi/Adoh Services" completely
relies on the telemetry team.
Gnocchi is now a separate project from OpenStack, but the situation is
totally same.

Akihiro

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/horizon/latest/install/plugin-registry.html